Renovating Sustainably – “The Mother of All Models”

Renovation of the Motherhouse Chapel at Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Monroe, MITen years after the Motherhouse renovation, the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary on Monroe, MI, repeated history, preserving the sisters’ heritage while updating the Motherhouse Chapel to meet the needs of the congregation. Based on the original Master Plan for the Chapel by liturgical consultant Carol Frenning and architect Jim Hundt, lighting, acoustics and wiring from the 1930’s were completely updated. The new energy-efficient lighting system was designed by Illuminart of Ypsilanti, MI. The new A/V system, which includes three cameras for recording and televising events held in the chapel, was designed by Miller, Beam & Paganelli, Inc. of Reston, VA. Read all about the renovation of the chapel as well as the 2003 sustainable renovation of the motherhouse in the Summer 2013 issue of the IHM Quarterly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *